- 0.35 kilograms of non-homogeneous Achacha pulp
- 10-15 minutes
- 1.5 kilograms Achacha fruit
- Thermomix butterfly attachment
- Stainless steel cutlery drainer
- Wooden spoon
- Large bowl
- Insert Thermomix butterfly attachment in Thermomix bowl
- De-skin 1.5kg of Achachas
- Fill 3/4 of Thermomix bowl with de-skinned Achachas (~0.75kg) and place cover over bowl
- NOTE: there will be a ‘sweet spot’ for the speed setting. Too fast and the seeds will be damaged. Too slow and pulp will not be removed from the seeds.
- Run Thermomix in REVERSE, on speed 3, for 40 seconds.
- Pour into a stainless cutlery drainer and stir over a bowl to separate the pulp from the seeds. The seeds can then be added to the skin infusion for extra flavour.
- Pour into clip lock bag and seal letting all air escape. Freeze.
NOTE: a little lemon juice can be used during the peeling period to prevent t the pulp browning. The fresh pulp can be used immediately for the Achacha Crema in the recipe section.